- To add links to your Tumblr bio, you will need to use a simple HTML code.
- Tumblr doesn’t give you any built-in way to add links yourself, so you’ll have to copy and paste the code manually.
- Adding links to your Tumblr bio is a great way to give visitors access to your other social media accounts, selected artwork, a news page, and more.
- Visit the Business Insider Technical Reference Library for more stories.
Tumblr is a popular blogging site that lets you share photos, text messages, videos, and music with your friends and followers. It’s a great place for artists, writers, and others who want to share their work with others.
But if you want visitors to have access to your other social media accounts or content outside of the site, you can include a link in your blog bio.
Tumblr doesn’t tell you how to add links when you edit your bio, so it’s not obvious you even can. But it’s surprisingly easy, as long as you know how to copy and paste.
How to add links to your Tumblr bio
Including a clickable URL requires some basic coding. To edit your account, you’ll need to start with your feed or dashboard.
1. Open Tumblr in a web browser and sign in, then go to your dashboard.
2. Click on the icon at the top right that looks like a person’s head and shoulders.
3. Under the blog you want to edit, click on “Change appearance”. If the blog you want doesn’t have options below, hover your mouse over its name and click the head and shoulders icon that appears next to it.
4. On the “Blog options” page that opens, click “Edit topic”.
5. In the left sidebar, click the text under “Description”. This is the current bio for your blog.
6. Now is the time to add your link. Copy and paste this code into the description box, where you want your link to be:
7. Insert your link in place of “URL” and whatever you want the text to be in place of “TITLE”. Remember to remove the quotes.
8. Tap “Save” at the top of the sidebar, then tap “Exit.”
Your link should now be active in your Tumblr bio.