Through 2 quarters
The Cleveland Cavaliers and San Antonio Spurs held the scorers with 126 between them two quarterbacks. a win is always up for either team, but Cleveland are up 64-62
The Cavaliers have been led by point guard Darius Garland, who has 16 points and four assists so far along with two boards. A double-double would be Garland’s third in a row.
Point guard Dejounte Murray has led the way so far for San Antonio, as he has 15 points and six assists in addition to nine rebounds.
San Antonio haven’t really been a second-half team this year, losing 88% of the time when they were on the break.
Cleveland @San Antonio
Current records: Cleveland 24-18; San Antonio 15-26
What there is to know
The San Antonio Spurs have the luxury of staying home one more game and will host the Cleveland Cavaliers at 8:30 p.m. ET on January 14 at the AT&T Center. Cleveland will strut after a win while Spurs stumble after a loss.
It was close but no cigar for San Antonio as they fell 128-124 to the Houston Rockets on Wednesday. A silver lining for San Antonio was the play of point guard Dejounte Murray, who had a triple-double with 32 points, 11 assists and ten rebounds.
Meanwhile, Cleveland made it easier for the Utah Jazz on Wednesday and took a 111-91 victory. The game was nearly over by the end of the third, at which point Cleveland had established an 88-68 advantage. Power forward Lamar Stevens and small forward Lauri Markkanen were among the Cavaliers’ top playmakers, with the former having 23 points and seven boards and the latter 20 points in addition to six boards.
Spurs are expected to lose this next by 3.5. However, those who like to bet on the underdog should be happy to learn that they are 14-7 against the spread when they are expected to lose.
San Antonio is now 15-26 while Cleveland is 24-18. A few stats to watch: San Antonio ranks fourth in the league in fouls per game, averaging just 17.9. But the Cavaliers do even better: they enter the game with just 16.6 fouls per game on average, which is the best in the league. We’ll see if that advantage gives Cleveland a path to victory.
How to watch
- When: Friday at 8:30 p.m. ET
- Or: AT&T Center – San Antonio, TX
- TV: Bally Sports – Ohio
- Online broadcast: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- To follow: CBS Sports app
- Ticket cost: $12.94
The Cavaliers are a 3.5-point favorite against the Spurs, according to the latest NBA odds.
Bettors had a good idea of the line for this one, as the game opened with the Cavaliers as the 2.5-point favorite.
See NBA selections for every game, including this one, from SportsLine’s advanced computer model. Get choices now.
San Antonio has won eight of its last 12 games against Cleveland.
- April 05, 2021 – Cleveland 125 vs. San Antonio 101
- March 19, 2021 – San Antonio 116 vs. Cleveland 110
- March 08, 2020 – Cleveland 132 vs. San Antonio 129
- December 12, 2019 – Cleveland 117 vs. San Antonio 109
- April 07, 2019 – San Antonio 112 vs. Cleveland 90
- March 28, 2019 – San Antonio 116 vs. Cleveland 110
- February 25, 2018 – San Antonio 110 vs. Cleveland 94
- January 23, 2018 – San Antonio 114 vs. Cleveland 102
- March 27, 2017 – San Antonio 103 vs. Cleveland 74
- January 21, 2017 – San Antonio 118 vs. Cleveland 115
- January 30, 2016 – Cleveland 117 vs. San Antonio 103
- January 14, 2016 – San Antonio 99 vs. Cleveland 95
Injury report for San Antonio
- Derrick White: absent (Covid-19)
- Tre Jones: Exit (Covid-19)
- Zach Collins: Out (ankle)
Injury report for Cleveland
- Rajon Rondo: Out (hamstrings)
- Ricky Rubio: absent for the season (knee)
- Collin Sexton: Out for the season (knee)